Website Privacy Notice
Effective Date: November 30, 2018
Crossix Solutions Inc. (“Crossix”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals. This website privacy notice ("Privacy Notice") explains how information is collected, used and disclosed by Crossix when you use or access our online or mobile websites, and applies to information collected when you use or access our online or mobile websites. By visiting Crossix.com (our “Website”), you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to a change in legal, technical or business developments. Changes will be posted on our Website, and the effective date of the Privacy Notice will be revised accordingly.
What Personal Information About Users Does our Website Gather?
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter in our Request More Information form on our Website (https://crossix.com/contact.aspx), such as your name, email address, and company information. We use the information that you provide for such purposes in responding to your requests and communicating with you.
- We also collect information you provide to us when you submit a resume or other information to apply for a position with our company, through our “Careers” section of the Website. We will use this information to process and review your application.
- Does Our Company Share the Information It Receives? We are not in the business of selling your information to others. Other than as described in this policy, we would share your information only if required by law, such as by a court order, statute, regulation, rule, or through legal process, to protect yours, ours’ or others’ rights, property or safety, or where we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our Website. Browser data such as cookies, Flash cookies (also known as Flash Local Shared Objects), or similar data on certain parts of our Website may be used for fraud prevention and other purposes.
- What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers transferred to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device. We may use this information to improve the user experience on the website and to serve you advertisements from Crossix on other websites.
- The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
- Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on our Website)
- IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the Internet)
- Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that our Website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our Website)
- Device Information, e.g., device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that our Website functions correctly in the devices used to access our Website)
- Referring Data, e.g., a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find our Website)
- Furthermore, when you visit our Website a Statcounter cookie (called "is unique") may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the Website
- You can learn more about cookies from Statcounter and set your browser to refuse same here: http://statcounter.com/about/set-refusal-cookie/
How Do We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information?
- Google Analytics uses and processes visitor data and interactions with the Website.
- Mobile: When you access our Website on your mobile device, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- To respond to your requests. We will use the information you have provided to us in order to respond to your request or question.
- To process and respond to your employment application. We will use your personal information to consider your employment application or to otherwise evaluate your personal information in connection with employment opportunities with our company.
- Disclosure to service providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) employment and recruiting services; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the maintenance and provision of this Website. We have executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing your Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- For our marketing purposes. We may use and disclose your information for our own marketing purposes.
Links to Other Websites
- Retargeting. Once you have visited our Website, we may serve you Crossix ads on your device when you visit other websites across the Internet. When you visit our Website, we may place a cookie on your device. When you leave our Website and go to another website, we may serve a Crossix ad to you on that website.
- Improvement of our Website. We may use and disclose certain information in order to enable us to better personalize your user experience, and to improve the performance of our Website. This may include collection of certain technical information about our visitors when you visit our Website, such as your IP address or the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using our Website, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page and information about the links you click and pages you view on our Website.
- Merger, Sale or other Acquisition. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or other corporate transaction, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of this transaction as permitted by law or contract.
This Website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Crossix.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of those websites to understand their data privacy practices. This Privacy Notice applies only to information we collect through our Website.
We do not knowingly collect information from or target end users under the age of 13.
Our Website is neither developed for nor directed at children. If we learn we have collected or received information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will endeavor to delete that information.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Our Website servers are based in the United States and operate under United States law. Crossix is based in the United States. By providing personal information to this Website, you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing, and transfer of such information in and to the United States,
as well as any subsequent transfer to other countries and territories from the United States (which may include countries outside the European Union or the United Kingdom) based on your location at the time. These countries may not have data protection laws as comprehensive as those that exist in the European Union or the United Kingdom.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and administrative security measures to protect the data in our possession. However, no method of transmission or storage of data is 100% secure, and we will not be responsible for any damage that results from a security breach of data or the unauthorized access to or use of your information provided.
The information you provide to us may be archived or stored periodically by us based on our normal data backup processes.
It will be retained only for as long as we reasonably determine is required for the purposes for which it was collected, to pursue legitimate business purposes, and comply with applicable laws.
Do Not Track.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy control that users can set when they use certain web browsers.
It is a means for users to inform websites that they do not want certain information about their website activity collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Rights of Access and Deletion
You may contact us to ask if we are processing Personal Information about you, request access to your Personal Information, and ask that we limit, restrict, correct, amend, or delete your Personal Information. Where otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may send an e-mail to email@example.com
to make these requests. We will respond to them consistent with applicable law.
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year a list of the certain third parties to whom we have disclosed their
Personal Information (if any) for the direct marketing purposes of these third parties in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. Crossix does not share Personal Information with Third Parties for their own marketing purposes.
If you have questions about our privacy policies or wish to exercise any of your rights under this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org